IAB Human Resources Office
The IAB human resources office provides personnel support advice and services for faculty, staff, and students including facilitating hiring faculty, staff, and students; new employee orientations; employee manuals; benefits information; payroll and time-sheet coordination; employee relations; tuition waivers; tax forms; and supervisor resources.
New office hours Sept. 2014:
Julie Logsdon 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
K.C. Love 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For questions about the content of this page contact Julie Logsdon .
Electronic Time Sheet (WTE):
- WTE Submission and Approval Schedule
- Demonstrations on how to complete or approve the web time sheet.
At this time, all IAB employees are submitting their time sheets through UAOnline with the web time sheet entry program (WTE).
Unless otherwise noted, web time sheets have the following due dates:
- Employees: Submit time sheet by noon on the Monday after the pay period ends
- Approvers: Approve time sheets by 5:00 pm on the Tuesday after the pay period ends
If you are a time sheet approver and are unavailable to approve electronic time sheets, please be sure to set-up a proxy and let them know that they need to approve for you. Proxies do not receive automatically generated reminders.
Mandatory Training for all UAF Employees:
- UAF safety training
- UAF training calendar and sign up
- Title IX Deadline for completion: 31 August 2014. UAF Chancellor Brian Rogers' Title IX memo .
All persons working in a laboratory are also required to complete (at a minimum) the Laboratory Safety Training, Introduction to Hazardous Waste Management, and the Chemical Hygiene Plan training. Specific job duties may require further training.
Please contact Jami Warrick, IAB Operations Manager and Safety Officer, for more information at (907) 474-5455 or UAF-IAB-Safety@alaska.edu.
- Incident Report Forms (Contact IAB HR immediately, to assist with submission of form)
- Staff Resources and Quick Links to Employment Information
- Annual Leave Cash-In Guidelines
- Benefits (Tax Deferred Annuities, Flex Spending Account, etc.)
- Health Forms (Family Medical Leave, PharmaCare/Caremark, UA Choice, etc.)
- Retirement Forms & Pension (TRS/PERS, ORP, TDA)
- Caremark (UA's Pharmacy Benefit Manager)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Plan Overview
- Premera Blue Cross
- Employee Education Benefits (Tuition Waiver)
- Wellness Program
- Payroll Forms (direct deposit, request/change, etc.)
- Wages Paid During Travel
- Work Activity Outside of Alaska Procedures
- Work Activity Outside of Alaska FAQs
- Work Outside of Alaska Form (required)
- Telecommuting Guidelines
- Telecommuting Agreement (required)
- Cancellation of Work Outside Alaska Form
Working Outside of Alaska?
- Leave Request Form
Use for annual, personal and sick leave requests. Please note: annual leave may not be taken in advance of accrual per Chapter 04.06 Benefits and Leave of BOR Policy and Regulation R04.06.120.4.
- Paid Holidays Administrative offices are closed.
To evaluate an employee's performance, the supervisor must complete this form. As a first step, contact IAB HR for procedures. Six month evaluations for the probationary period should be completed for new employees. Otherwise, performance evaluations should be completed on an annual basis.
Increases: Performance increase requests can only be completed once an evaluation has been completed. An increase request is completed through a memo format, separate from the performance evaluation form. Details of the employee's satisfactory performance must be sited in the memo, to justify the 1-5% performance increase. Submit the request to the IAB HR office for review. IAB HR will obtain the necessary approvals and submit the request to UAF HR.
- IAB Recruitment Review and Approval Standards Document
This document lists the three main tasks that are part of a recruitment and the approvals needed within IAB for each task. (rev. 3/10/14)
- Position Description Form (PD)
Use this form to set up a benefited position or to update a current one. Please initiate this process by contacting Julie as a first step.
- IAB Recruitment Form and Directions.
Use this form when recruiting for a student or temporary position. Please refer to the directions form or contact KC as a first step.
- Employment vs Scholarship/Fellowship Questionaire
Use this form to determine whether a payment should be paid through payroll or through a scholarship/fellowship.
Please complete the appropriate form and e-mail it to IAB HR for processing.
- Training (E-learning, SkillSoft)
- Supervisory Trainings
- Mandatory Safety Trainings for All Employees
- Laboratory Safety Trainings
Concerns addressed by the Faculty Senate include the following: course and program development and change; policies related to academic procedures; academic freedom and faculty rights and responsibilities; and quality of teaching, research and service.
UAF Staff Council provides non-bargaining non-exempt and exempt employees an avenue to help formulate new policies, change existing policies or working conditions, and other matters that affect services provided by the support staff of the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Campus Housing
- Parking Services Website
- Transportation Safety Manual for Driving UAF Vehicles
- UA Driver Training and Quiz
- UAF Shuttle Services
- Bicycle Lockers
The sponsoring faculty member must contact Julie at IABHR to initiate visa requests.
Are you traveling outside of the US and need to know what type of visa you need? There are many resources which can be used. A few are listed below.