IAB Administration - Mail and Shipping
The Director's Office can ship packages via U.S. Postal Service (USPS) or FedEx.
- USPS: please write your grant account number on the package or envelope.
- FedEx: please fill out the Fed Ex shipping form and bring it with the package to a Director's Office employee in room 311 Irving I. A FedEx courier will pick up packages for scheduled shipments at approximately 9 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Key information regarding claims for lost Fed Ex packages. Please be aware that if Fed Ex loses your package you will be entitled to a maximum of $100.00 unless you state a declared value for your package at the time of shipment. Declaring a value carries a surcharge depending on the value you declare; see below.
Within the U.S.
|$0.00 - $100.00||$0.00|
|$100.01 - $500.00||$2.50 minimum|
|$500.01 - $50,000||$0.50 per $100.00 of the declared value|
|(Home delivery $100.01 - $50,000)||($0.35 per $100.00 of the declared value)|
|$0.00 - $100.00||$0.00|
|$100.01 - $50,000||$0.40 per $100.00 of the declared value|
- FedEx doesn't allow styrofoam containers
- DON'T ASSUME THAT WHAT YOU ARE SHIPPING IS NOT HAZARDOUS! Please check with Jami (474-5455, firstname.lastname@example.org) before shipping.
- FedEx does not take hazardous material on Fridays.
- If you are shipping hazardous material, please allow 2 business days before date of shipment.
- You may need to purchase special packaging material.
For questions about mailing items, please contact email@example.com.
- Maximum declared value is $50,000. Maximum declared value for items shipped in FedEx Envelopes or FedEx Paks is only $500.00. Therefore, if you want to declare a value greater than $500.00, you must not ship items in FedEx Envelopes or Paks.
- Shipments containing specialty items of extraordinary value have a maximum declared value of $500.00. Examples include but are not limited to: artwork for sale, collection or display, film, negatives, slides, antiques, glassware, furniture, porcelain, china, crystal, plasma and flat panel display screens, jewelry, gems or stones, precious metals, fur and fur clothing, stocks, bonds, cash or cash equivalents such as traveler's checks, money orders, postage stamps, bearer bonds, collectors items, souvenirs and memorabilia. Collector coins and stamps may not be shipped. If you are unsure whether your shipment qualifies as a specialty item please refer to the FedEx service guide (under Declared Value and Limits of Liability) for clarification or call 1-800-GO-FEDEX (1-800-463-3339) and ask for assistance with claims.